What 2014 taught me: (the short list)
- That it's okay to cut toxic people out of your life
- That new friends aren't scary, and can teach you much more than staying in stagnant relationships
- That New Years resolutions aren't always realistic, but small steps add up
- That travel is one of the most important things to me
- That travel can teach you more than you could ever imagine
- How much I value real relationships
- That I am okay with where I am as long as I am learning and growing
- 'No' is a complete sentence that does not require an explanation or apology
- That God's plans are better than my dreams
- That jealousy spoils good things
- Marvel. I love Marvel.
- Found people find people. Saved people serve people. Growing people change. You can't out-give God. You can't do life alone.
- The best is yet to come!
What I am expectant for in this New Year: (the short list)
- The completion of my degree
- A deeper walk with Christ
- A full passport and to seek adventures that open my mind
- New meaningful relationships
- To be content with who I am
- To become a CONFIDENT. Woman.
- To put a lid on my cheesy jokes. God help us. There is a time and place.
Last year, my only three resolutions were simple:
- Whenever someone offers me water, to drink it. (I've had 5489 more cups this is true)
- To invest in quality, key pieces when shopping and not blowing $. (I've saved 4839 more $ this is true)
- To visit 3 new countries within the year. (The only regret is that I couldn't make it to my third country, but I did visit two pretty spectacular ones.) (this is true.)
So, this year's resolutions, in addition to last year's:
- To become proficient in another language
- To not only travel to a new country, but stay there for one month
- To finish my degree and do life
I have grown so much this year, but I can't wait for a New Year. I am expectant. I am ready. In Christ, THE BEST IS YET TO COME!