Friday, May 1, 2015

How to Make Your Life Awesome

So here we are again. I'm sitting in my flat in Italy, looking over this whirlwind of this year so far. Who knew that I'd start this year out with a European tour and get college credit? Definitely not me. I've met so many incredible people along this journey that I am so thankful for. I've been able to see so many wonderful countries, see so many amazing place, eat so much good food, and make meaningful friendships. It has been so wonderful.

I really like Italy, I am enjoying this travel experience, and I am learning how to be okay with my own company. Looking over my increasingly large amount of unpublished blogs, I found this one from Greece the day I decided to make my life awesome. With a title that was originally a joke, I like it. I'm keeping it. It really has changed my views and perspectives of really enjoying life!






People have asked me how I do this, but I am telling you one thing: Greece has been fabulous because I decided it would be.

I believe we have a choice in whether things are amazing or awful. I remember New York being an amazing trip, but also having lots of ups and downs, and mainly missing my family. LA was worse, because I wasn’t right for the market and it was Christmastime and unfortunately, I looked at the negatives instead of realizing that I was living on Sunset and Hollywood Boulevard. How cool is that? I never focused on that, but I only focused on how much I missed my family, and how miserable I was.

So I decided that this trip to Greece would be the most amazing time of my life. I have always wanted to be here, and darn it, I am going to LIVE while I’m here! I AM GOING TO LIVE. There are one hundred reasons why I could take on the same mindset that I had in LA, I could complain about almost anything, be stressed out about everything, and cry everywhere, and you know where that would get me? Nowhere. I will not complain that things are overpriced, that expectations are not met, or that I was unable to do x or y, because not only does that make you depressing, it makes you a miserable person to be around. No one wants to be around someone who complains about literally everything. So I have decided not to be that person.

I am in my 20s. These are going to be the best years of my life! I’m not going to worry about what anyone thinks about me, I’m not going to be best friends with anyone who clearly doesn’t want to do the same, and I most certainly am not going to sit around here in Europe wishing I was back in my comfort zone, because you can’t live life in your comfort zone.

I’m really not trying to be Oprah here, but I’m just coming to a few realizations and I am determined to make my 20s the most vivacious, incredible,  fabulous years of my life, and if no one else will join me adventuring, I will adventure on my own and make the moves up as I go as Taylor Swift empowers me to do so.


Now, I feel so much better.

Being able to enjoy things on my own, making the choice to be happy, and deciding that life was awesome, has made this year so great so far. Not just because I'm in Europe! I'll take this home with me. I've learned a great lesson.



P.S. - I've started a new tab with my destinations for those who have wanted more details on places I've been. You can see pictures from Greece in my new tab, Passport. ;)


1 comment:

  1. Living happy definitely takes intention and you are proving it! Be intentional with your mood, your desires and even limitation and you'll continue to soar! Thank you for another beautiful and inspiring post, Cherise! Miss you and love you!

    ReplyDelete